Thursday 19 July 2012

Hospital stay part 1

Well we've already been in and out of hospital while the doctors thought my waters went on Monday. We still don't know what has happened but I can tell you I'm a paranoid mess now.
My local hospital won't take my babies until I reach 30 weeks so at 26+2 when admitted there was lots of scary talk about being sent somewhere random in the UK, and low chances of baby survival.
I'm now home, feet up, not daring to do anything and feeling paranoid that every twitch is the start of premature labour.
I'm sure in a few days and with a bit more normality the fear that babies are arriving too soon for them to be healthy will be firmly in the back of my mind.

I had a scan and everyone still has lots of fluid so we're hoping this has all been a big load of worry over nothing, but there is still the risk that labour could happen tomorrow, or hopefully might hold off for weeks and weeks yet to come.

For sure, every day now is a blessing and one more than we had on Monday.

Very anxious in our house, D is being great and chipper and I was being brave and strong when in hospital, but now I'm home I feel vulnerable and tearful that we could have come so close to the finish line and the babies not made it.

Many tissues and chocolates are being consumed  in our house this week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you're doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I know, not the kind of excitement you were hoping for.

    Um, at least you have the Olympics to watch?

    ReplyDelete