Saturday 16 April 2011

They called it WHAT?!?

The name: Apple
The parents: Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin
Paltrow told Oprah she named her daughter this way because: “Apples are so sweet and they're wholesome and it's biblical - and I just thought it sounded so lovely and … clean!” The couple continued the biblical (though thankfully not fruit-based) theme when they called their next child Moses.


How, pray tell, are APPLES biblical? Does anyone here know? I know that the "tree of knowledge" from adam and eve is often drawn as an apple or pear tree but at no point in the actual bible is it described as an apple tree, in fact it's only described as a "fruit tree". The "apple is an "assumption" which developed from artistic renderings of the garden of eden, and I only know THAT because of good ol' catholic school.
So Gwyneth, or shall we call you kiwi? Why is an apple biblical, and if you find out it isn't biblical after-all will you consider changing your child's name?

Coming Soon the children of Holly : IVY, PICKLE and TOILET

3 comments:

  1. Pickle! I love it!

    I'm thinking of naming my first born Polly Pocket. Hopefully, it will be a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh polly pocket that's great :) D is okay with Pickle, as long as our kid looks like a pickle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to go to dance class with a girl whose nickname was Pickle, and she thought my name was Bacon. Together, we were a kinda nasty sammich.

    ReplyDelete